Head coach: Steve Gradisar
1. What are your strengths and weaknesses as a coach?
“I believe I am a student of the game and I greatly understand the game of basketball. A weakness I have is the lack of being able to demonstrate skills.”
2. What is your coaching philosophy?
“My coaching philosophy is to recognize the benefits of hard work, to constantly challenge my players, and to always help them recognize lessons that will help them throughout their lives.”
3. How do you think the 2019-2020 basketball season is going to be?
“I am excited for the season. I believe the players have developed over the past year and they have a lot of talent to offer. Our goal every year is to compete.”
4. How do you handle the tryout and cut process?
“I observe and keep track of components in a basketball player. My observations consist of not only skill, but attitude, character, and work ethic. I also try to keep as many girls on our team as possible, so that they can enjoy a positive experience.”
5. How do you deal with multiple sport athletes?
“I encourage multiple sport athletes. For one thing, high school students only have four years to enjoy the activities available to them. I also encourage multiple sport athletes because each sport will build on their athleticism and improve their ability to compete.”
Senior: Jaydan Garcia
1. How do you stay motivated after losing a game?
“I always keep a positive attitude no matter the situation. After a tough loss I tell myself we will win the next one.”
2. How do you think the 2019-2020 basketball season is going to be?
“I believe the 2019-2020 basketball season is going to be great. We have a lot of new players and a lot of talent to offer.”
3. What do you believe you brought or can bring to the team?
“I believe I brought leadership and sportsmanship to the team.”
4. What tips would you give to someone going out for basketball?
“The tips I would give to someone trying out for basketball are always try your hardest, never give up, and do not be afraid to ask for help.”
5. What age were you when you started playing basketball?
“I started playing basketball at the age of five.”